You can join “Team Shanrock” and help us learn more about Epilepsy at the 2017 Strides for Epilepsy 5K Walk/Run in Colorado Springs at Memorial Park on September 17, 2017.
The event was a success! Even though it was over cast and cold we had a great turn out.
- 2 million: the estimated number of people living with epilepsy in the United States
- 150,000: the number of people who develop epilepsy each year
- 50,000: the number of people living with epilepsy in Colorado
- 1 in 26: the number of people in the United States who will develop epilepsy at some point in their life
- 4th: most common neurological problem, behind migraine, stroke and Alzheimer’s disease
- One-third: the number of people with epilepsy who live with uncontrollable seizures because no available treatment works for them
- 6 in 10: epilepsy cases with no known cause